Hope Community Charter School’s mission is to provide a safe, caring, literacy rich learning environment that guides and inspires students in building a solid academic foundation. Literacy will be the path to a solid academic foundation by developing, in each student, a highly literate and effective communicator who is a self-reflective, responsible decision-maker.
Hope Community Charter School understands that language makes the difference in a child’s future success. We believe a whole school focused on language acquisition and development can transform a child’s life. A solid foundation in literacy leads to a high level of academic mastery and to a future where learning never stops. We will create a safe, vibrant, and nurturing space, rich in resources and opportunities for students to learn about the world. We see the need to create a culture where parents are partners in our high expectations that each child can achieve success, create a meaningful dream for themselves, and live responsible and fulfilling lives.
• Develop, in each student, literacy skills as the tools for imagining, self-reflection, and responsible decision-making
• Provide a safe, nurturing environment that promotes tolerance and empathy for
others and supports a culture
of high expectations for
behavior and academics
• Cultivate a love of reading
• Foster an environment that promotes respect and the responsibility that all people have to give back to their communities
• Extend learning beyond the classroom walls by exposing students to the rich cultural and historical area in which they live